Monday, December 6, 2010

Cold Shower


"TIC" again today. Here is my latest China saga: Brent gets up this morning to take a shower. Says "I'm not taking a shower the water is cold and the hot water heater won't turn on. I think the gas is off. Let me know if it is still off when you get up." Ok so I roll out of bed a few hours later I go to check. Sure enough. No hot water and no gas for the stove.

So through our friend we call the landlord and complain. The landlord says "you ran out of gas". Ok how do you run out of gas. It is attached to a main, we pay our bill every month there is no way we "ran out of gas".

So the landlord says "I need the card from your apartment to buy more gas. I'll send someone to come and get it."

Someone comes, looks for a card in random drawers and cupboards. Doesn't find anything so he leaves and nothing happens. So a few hours later and another call to the friend so she can call the landlord and tell him we still don't have gas and we aren't going to pay our rent if you don't get us some hot water and some gas so we can cook.

So the landlord shows up. He looks in exactly the same places and doesn't find "the card". So he leaves and comes back a short time later with "more gas" (something you put in your meter so you can have more gas). Only for him to tell me (through my friend) that the meter is too old and we can't buy more gas. Tomorrow he will have the gas company come replace the meter.

Ugh. So now my friend has wasted her day talking to the landlord (Thank you Josephine!) and I am sitting here with the choice of a cold shower or to stink. I decided on the cold shower. Wish me luck.

So I will post a picture of a beautiful sunset from when I was in Japan. These things would never happen in Japan.

March 2010
Sakai, Japan






No comments:

Post a Comment